The beginning of June marked the end of university, and the release of a book by one of my favourite authors: David Levithan. The timing couldn’t have been better. I celebrated by buying that book, and three others, and proceeding on my journey of reading for pleasure after three years.
Here are all the books I bought in June:
- You Know me Well – Nina LaCour & David Levithan
- The Rest of Us Just Live Here – Patrick Ness
- All the Bright Places – Jennifer Niven
- Carry On – Rainbow Rowell
- A Monster Calls – Patrick Ness
- How to be Both – Ali Smith
- Life of Pi – Yann Martell
This is actually quite a small haul compared to last month’s, but these books are a nice variety, and I’ve enjoyed reading (and reviewing) a few of them. I’m currently reading A Monster Calls and liking it. After that, I might read How to be Both because, having looked inside, the writing is big so it won’t take me that long to read. I’m planning on reading A Little Life soon, so that might take a little longer, unless it is an addictive page turner!
I’m looking forward to finding and buying more books in July!